Task: Backup all EBS instances

carsten

21 Oct, 2013 04:17 PM

Hi
I have a task setup to backup all EBS instances every 24 hours, I noticed lately that only some of my instances in the criteria are actually backed up, seracing online i found discussions indicating that it might be because AWS only handles a certain amount of create image requests at the time, i have 11 instances that should be backed up, so maybe that is too many.
I am missing some kind of log that tell me the status of my task on ylastic to see if the instances were truly backed up, how can i get that ?
Also I am thinking that i might have to split up my instance backup into multiple tasks and run them at diffferent times, but i dont see how i can specify a time to run a task in ylastic, how can i do that ?

thanks
carsten Glem

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ylastic on 23 Oct, 2013 02:04 PM

Sorry AWS limits the number of backups you can do at a single time. The simplest way would be to split the task up.

You can specify a time using the cron option. Is that what you are asking?

thanks

2. 2 Posted by carsten on 23 Oct, 2013 02:10 PM

Thanks

Yes that is also my understanding, so it would be nice if the backup all instances function in ylastic was able to do one at a time and wait for it to finish before starting the next one, otherwise the Backup All Instances will never work.

Splitting it up into multiple tasks and specifying a time is exactly what I’m looking for, I’m not familiar with the cron option, can you give me some instructions on that ?

Thanks in advance

Carsten Glem
    Partner/CTO
    Arbela Technologies
    +1 404 909-9497

email: [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>
    Fax: +1 310 626-9468
    MSN: [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by wvondrak on 13 Nov, 2013 08:20 PM

Take a look at the Wikipeadia entrey at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

4. Ylastic closed this discussion on 08 Aug, 2014 02:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac