No subject

Jordan

08 Oct, 2012 04:48 PM

I am reposting my question because I haven't recieved a reply in a few days and part of the advertised functionality for your product that I am paying for is not working.

I am trying to setup autoscaling, but the policys do not create alarms and there is no option to create alarms.

http://prntscr.com/gw9rn

Please advise,
Jordan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ylastic on 08 Oct, 2012 05:51 PM

Is this a policy for a scaling group that is using an elb for a health check? If it is, you will not see an option to create an associated alarm. EC2 never used to let you set a policy for those, unless this is something they have changed.

2. 2 Posted by Jordan on 08 Oct, 2012 05:56 PM

Yes, I am using ELB for a healthcheck so that if an instance dies it gets replaced. Is the solution to use aws healthchecks?

This is sort of disappointing because I was hoping to have instance failover in addition to auto scaling.

Thanks,
    Jordan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ylastic on 08 Oct, 2012 06:00 PM

Yes. That is how it used to work with ELB as the check for a scaling group. EC2 does keep twiddling with things, but not sure they let you setup a policy with an alarm for it.

4. 4 Posted by Jordan on 08 Oct, 2012 06:06 PM

is there another way for me to automatically scale WITH elb healthchecks? Sometimes I have a web server instance just up and die for whatever reason, and its really nice to have automatic failover via the ELB healthchecks.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ylastic on 08 Oct, 2012 06:08 PM

Not aware of any other way. I will check into the most recent EC2 scaling APi docs and see if they have any thing added recently that we need to add into Ylastic.

6. 6 Posted by Jordan on 08 Oct, 2012 06:10 PM

Thanks, I went with ylastic since it had a GUI for the capabilities as opposed to me having to mess with the API.

7. Ylastic closed this discussion on 08 Aug, 2014 02:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac