Backup EBS Instances problem - unable to de-register AMI

jancheta

10 Aug, 2012 08:22 PM

I'm trying to backup all of my EBS Instances. I create an individual task for each Instances, citing the name in the "keyword" search box. For one of my instances, I continue to get this error, "Error: Failed to deregister AMI associated with backup for [i-e71bxxxx]: InvalidAMIID.NotFound: The AMI ID 'ami-2b4cxxxx' does not exist". I can create AMIs from the Instance without a problem through Ylastic and the Amazon console. I'm assuming this is a Ylastic task issue where it's looking to de-register an AMI that has already been removed from the system (about 2 weeks ago). I don't want to create an AMI for this instance, launch an instance from the AMI, and then do all the configurations so this server is back in production. Since this is a Ylastic-specific issue, can this be resolved through Ylastic? Maybe this is a cache issue on the Ylastic database system?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ylastic on 10 Aug, 2012 10:24 PM

This sounds like a cache issue on our side. I will get this looked into.

thanks for letting us know!

2. 2 Posted by jancheta on 13 Aug, 2012 04:31 PM

Thanks for picking this issue up. Please let me know if I need to do anything on my side and when this issue might be resolved.

3. 3 Posted by jancheta on 21 Aug, 2012 11:26 PM

hi Ylastic, is there an update for this issue?

4. 4 Posted by jancheta on 28 Aug, 2012 05:26 PM

so an update to this issue:

i deleted the Task and did not create it for a week. i created another Task and set it for the same Instance and keep the latest 10. the backup worked fine, but since it was 10 backups, it wasn't clearing anything. once i dropped it to 4, to start cleaning old instances out, i am again getting the error. please take a look in to this as soon as possible. thanks.

5. Ylastic closed this discussion on 08 Aug, 2014 02:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac